Part-Time Artistic Events Coordinator
West Windsor, NJ
West Windsor Arts Council
Posted December 04, 2019
The mission of the West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) is to provide high quality cultural programming that brings people together and transforms the world around us by inspiring, educating and promoting the arts and art appreciation for our diverse community. Working with the Executive Director, the Artistic Events Coordinator will contribute to the design, planning, and execution of West Windsor Arts Council’s ticketed and free public events in a variety of art forms including music, dance, film, talks, trips, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities• Coordinate the planning, development and implementation of ticketed and free events and programs.
• Research, invite, and manage relationships with potential partners, vendors, artists and participants.
• Work with the marketing team to develop and implement marketing strategies and communications.
• Participate in public relations activities, both external and internal.
• With ED, develop short and long-term plans and budgets for events.
• Monitor progress and evaluate performance of these events.
• Manage, oversee, and participate in events on the day of, including: problem-solving, welcoming guests, event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and post event restoration.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle competing priorities and multitask
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, social media
• Some experience in event planning
• 1 – 3 years experience in program and event planning
• Very strong organizational skills
• Understand technical needs of performing ensemble (stage plots, contracts, production)
This is a part time position of up to 20 hours per week including nights and weekends. The salary range is $15,000 - $17,000 annually, based on experience.
How To Apply
Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Artistic Events Coordinator in the subject line by January 6, 2020. No phone calls please. It is the policy of WWAC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, WWAC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Deadline: Jan 06, 2020