Digital Communications and Marketing Manager
New Jersey Theatre Alliance
Posted December 16, 2019
This is a mid-level position working closely with the Deputy Director, managing the Alliance’s digital communications and marketing efforts, as well as state-wide audience development initiatives to benefit our member theatres. The Digital Communications and Marketing Manager plans digital marketing campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media and display advertising; maintains the New Jersey Theatre Alliance brand presence across all digital and print channels; is responsible for measuring and reporting on the performance of all marketing campaigns; and works directly with member theatres to create collaborative marketing initiatives.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesManage and maintain all website content for NJTheatrealliance.org; Train and support member theatre staff on using back-end of this Drupal website. This person will manage the creation of a new website within the next two years.
● Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns
● Design, build, and maintain our social media presence; collect data and generate quarterlyand annual reports on social media engagement;
● Create email marketing campaigns within the Alliance membership and to external supporters and patrons; Use the Alliance’s CRM (Salesforce) to maintain email list hygiene and segmentation;
● Identify ways to support member theatres’ marketing efforts; Create and manage cooperative digital advertising efforts between member theatres; Support the marketing staff and marketing efforts of member theatres by working closely with the Deputy Director to organize regular marketing committee meetings and the annual Marketing Exchange
● Create copy, visual design, and layout for select print collateral (i.e. flyers, ads, event programs, limited direct mail postcards); Contract and communicate with third-party vendors
(printers, designers, photographers, etc.) as needed;
● Oversee and ensure brand consistency for the Alliance in all marketing efforts;
Requirements● At least 2 to 3 years experience in marketing or communications; performing arts marketing experience a strong plus;
● Interest in theatre or performing arts; knowledge of New Jersey’s professional theatre community is a strong plus
● Experience using storytelling and data to engage a diverse audience base across multipleplatforms;
● Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite, as well as SurveyMonkey and Mailchimp (or equivalent) a must; Experience with content management systems and customer relations software a plus; design skills including working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and iMovie is useful;
● Strong interpersonal, writing, editorial, and communication skills; Capacity and desire to work in a collaborative environment; High degree of organization, attention to detail, and ability to
manage deadlines; Must be a self-starter who can manage multiple projects with autonomy;
● Requires some nights and weekends and the ability to travel to events.
How To Apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resumé, a list of three references, and one writing sample to Erica Nagel, Deputy Director by January 17, 2020. The cover letter should be no more than two pages and should describe why this position is attractive to the applicant and what about them and their work experience makes them a strong candidate. Please submit your materials, in Word or PDF only, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Digital Communications and Marketing Manager: [the applicant’s name]”. No phone calls please.
Deadline: Jan 17, 2020