Patron Services Manager
McCarter Theatre Center
Posted November 06, 2020
The Patron Services Manager will carry out the theatre’s mission by supporting the Director of Patron Experience and by ensuring effective and efficient administrative box office operations. This position is responsible for the fulfillment of high end customer service; including superior leadership of operating procedures, exemplary attention to detail and exceptional problem solving skills.
Duties and Responsibilities• Manage the daily operations of the Patron Services office, ensuring it runs smoothly and that staff is completing work proficiently, using time wisely, and providing excellent customer service
• Train employees on the use of proprietary software and office procedures
• Ensure that the Patron Services staff is fully trained and versed on all McCarter and Princeton University events, source codes, package offerings, special promotions, upsell campaigns and sales initiatives.
• Assist in the resolution of staff conflicts and enforcing disciplinary action if needed.
• First point of contact to resolve customer complaints
• The Patron Services Manager (in conjunction with the Director of Patron Experience) will ensure accurate reporting and recording of commissions for Sales Staff
• Actively supervise Patron Services shifts including generating daily sales reports, managing banks and cash handling, closing out the daily business, and reconciling daily transactions
• Handle seating of interdepartmental requests
• Assist the Director of Patron Experience at all Opening Night and special events, including seating/ticketing when needed.
• Make on-the-spot decisions regarding policies to provide and ensure excellent customer service
• Under the supervision of Director of Patron Experience, oversee Patron Services staff in interaction with patrons to purchasing tickets and/or subscriptions; including advising single ticket patrons of the benefits and cost-savings of subscription. Will help implement upsell campaigns.
• Using Tessitura software, assist with seating selection for subscribers
• In collaboration with the Marketing staff, review copy for all single ticket an subscription brochures and advertising; ensures all information regarding upcoming marketing efforts are communicated to the Patron Services Office personnel
• Assists with processing and printing of all single tickets
• In collaboration with the Director of Patron Experience and Marketing staff, develops new strategies/processes to further enhance efficiency and quality of customer service in the Patron Services Office for both patrons and donors.
• Provides managerial coverage for Sales Concierge and leads during outbound calls. Listen to the communication between the employees and the patrons to provide encouragement, improvements and accuracy.
• In conjunction with the Marketing department, execute the seat filling program as necessary.
• Attend on-site Tessitura training sessions as required.
Requirements• Minimum 5 years professional box office experience and 5+ year of ticket management/supervisory experience
• Bachelor's degree and/or relevant professional experience
• Final candidate must successfully complete a background check
• Strong leadership skills
• Willingness to work until all tasks have been completed
• Exemplary attention to detail. Proofreading skills a plus
• Tessitura experience strongly preferred
• High level of computer aptitude and proficiency in Office programs
• Experience with multi-line phone system
• Superior customer service and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Cash handling and credit card transaction processing experience required
• Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and promote teamwork
• High end customer service skills
• Availability on nights, weekends and holidays
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required
• Handling all relationships in a professional, courteous manner
• Ability to remain flexible and professional at all times
• Leads by example, demonstrating positive, “can-do” spirit in dealing with constituents and colleagues alike
• Prioritizes customer experience in all interactions
• Ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of constituents, while operating in a fast-paced, proactive environment
• Ability to maintain highly confidential information and use excellent judgment on a variety of sensitive subjects
• Ability to set priorities; handle multiple assignments and deadlines, and to display excellent judgment
• Must be a team player and thrive in a collaborative environment
• Extreme attention to detail is a must
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to email@example.com with your last name and “Patron Services Manager” in the subject line. Let us know how you became aware of this opportunity. No phone calls please. Preference will be given to applications received by Monday, November 16, 2020. McCarter is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce.