Trenton Music Makers
Posted May 31, 2021
The Development Associate provides a wide range of support to the public communications, fundraising, and general operations of Trenton Music Makers. S/he is responsible for maintaining Trenton Music Makers’ donor database, supporting donor communications, producing performances and events, communications including the preparation of print, electronic and social media, and additional administrative support as required.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesI. Development
• Annual Fundraising: ongoing general donor communications, including the preparation of The E-String, Trenton Music Makers’ electronic newsletter, the Annual Impact Report, twice-yearly appeal mailings, donation receipt and thank-you letters, and the annual thank-you mailing. Maintain the donor database with current information on donor mailings and gifts received. Support the #GivingTuesday appeal as primary monitor of all social media channels on that day, and provide prompt responses to contacts and shares.
• Benefit Gala: creation and distribution of direct-mail materials; research potential event sponsors; manage donor lists provided by the event committee and the creation of final mailing lists; track guest responses using Eventbrite or another platform selected for the event; create Powerpoint presentation featuring program photography and sponsor logos and advertisements; communicate with event vendors.
• Friendraising Events: support the Executive Director in making invitations and conducting group communications with guests for events organized by the Board of Trustees.
• Office Maintenance: maintain the office as an appropriate place to work efficiently and welcome visitors in a manner reflecting well on the organization; maintain orderly digital and paper records.
• Payroll: receive timesheets from employees, contractors and program directors; enter payroll data to payroll service; forward paper paychecks when necessary.
• Mailbox: retrieve mail from the 2601 Brunswick Avenue, Trenton NJ P.O. Box, at least twice weekly.
• Courier: deliver music and supplies to families in Trenton when necessary.
III. Marketing and Communications
• Prepare the E-String, the organization’s digital newsletter, on a monthly basis.
• Annual Report: coordination with a contracted Graphic Designer, to create Trenton Music Makers’ Annual Report.
• Social Media: assist the Executive Director with the development of a social media calendar, maintain Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channels, and launch a Trenton Music Makers TikTok account, to include capturing photography and video from program sites to create immediate content, and using design software, e.g. Canva or Boomerang, to create compelling social media posts.
Other Duties as Assigned.
● Two years’ experience in a part-time or full-time supporting administrative or development role
● Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok fluency
● Respect for young people from racially and culturally diverse communities, and a passion for creating an impact on the lives of young people
● Strong organization skills, matched by a sense of humor and readiness to adapt
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Openness to evaluation and appreciation of the learning process
● Valid driver’s license
● Successfully pass a background check
● Professionalism, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
● Familiarity with the Mercer County community
● Experience with Salesforce Lightning Edition, or a comparable customer relations management system
● Experience with Google G-Suite and Microsoft Office products
● Experience with Canva or a comparable template-based graphic design program
How To Apply
Submit a one-page cover letter and a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Associate Position.” In the body of your email, please share your social media handles!
Deadline: Jun 15, 2021