Audience Services Manager
South Orange, NJ
South Orange Performing Arts Center
Posted June 01, 2021
Providing excellent customer service is a central value of the organization, which, coupled with the intimate performance space, is what makes SOPAC special. The Audience Services Manager will oversee patron communications and ticket sales, manage an active volunteer program, is responsible for building events in the ticketing system, and providing detailed financial and patron reports. The Audience Services Manager is responsible for overseeing Front of House operations during performances to ensure a positive patron experience at the Center. The Audience Services Manager reports to the Director of Audience Services.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Assist with building SOPAC-presented and rental events in the ticketing system and manage all associated promotion/coupon codes.
• Resolve ticketing issues and address customer concerns.
• Effectively navigate Patron Manager ticketing software—troubleshooting, ticket returns, etc.
• Oversee the proper functioning of the ticketing software, credit card software, and web sales, facilitating troubleshooting as well as scheduled updates.
• Oversee Front of House operations during performances including providing support for the bar, merchandise sales, and the Box Office.
• Manage Box Office staff at performances and answer questions about SOPAC policies and procedures.
• Reconcile merchandise and concessions before and after performances.
• Assist other departments as needed including creating reports and discounts codes for the marketing department, running reports for the development department, and processing comp ticket requests.
• Create pre-show emails and post-show surveys and distribute post-show surveys in Survey Monkey. Aggregate information from surveys.
• Create and maintain sales reporting and metrics for organization.
• Volunteer coordination; includes recruitment, training, scheduling, and managing rewards system.
• Maintain all rules and regulations – including those related to SOPAC policies & procedures, audience safety and compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Impeccable customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Required evening and weekend availability on a regular basis.
• Extensive experience in a Box Office, Front of House or hospitality management setting with knowledge of ticketing/booking software.
• Experience with Patron Manager ticketing software preferred.
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications. (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Statistical background and/or survey analysis experience.
• Ability to multi-task and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment.
• Cash handling experience.
How To Apply
Email applications to email@example.com with “Audience Services Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. If your application fits our needs, you will be contacted for an interview. A complete application must include a cover letter, résumé, and references.
Deadline: Jun 15, 2021