Director of Operations
Paper Mill Playhouse
Posted June 21, 2021
Paper Mill Playhouse is seeking an enthusiastic Director of Operations to ensure continuous, safe, and reliable operations at the Paper Mill campus. This position is part of the Senior Management Team and reports to and will work closely with the Managing Director to ensure smooth daily operations. Individuals who are on the General Management track would be well suited for this new position.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions
• Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Playhouse, including the Facilities, the Carriage House Restaurant, Information Technology, Security & Safety departments and supervise their staff; set objectives and evaluate performances.
• Work closely with the senior management team to develop policies and procedures that ensure equity across the company.
• Work closely with Managing Director on long-term planning to further the company’s overall strategic goals, including the renovations of the theater facility and the creation of a new Education Center in downtown Millburn.
• Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure the safe operations of all building systems at 22 Brookside Drive, including the theater building, Carriage House Restaurant, and outbuildings; the Education Studios at 20 Main Street; the house at 13 Brookside Drive, and a NYC based Costume Shop.
• Work closely with Director of IT to ensure Paper Mill has an appropriate plan and budget for state-of-the-art telecommunications equipment and services for all of its staff.
• Develop a safety and security plan for the organization, including the hiring of a Safety and Security Coordinator.
• Oversee the budget and planning processes for Facilities, Facility Rentals, IT, and Safety & Security departments.
• Manage relationships and negotiate contracts with key contractors such as parking concession operator; snow removal service; refuse hauling service; and the Millburn Township police.
• Coordinate and promote facility rentals for the theater and restaurant.
• Coordinate teams across departments to foster an exchange of ideas and learning opportunities that will keep the company current with workplace practices.
• Oversee lease obligations. Work closely with Director of Finance to ensure adequate insurance coverage.
• Work with Managing Director on external reaching initiatives such as local, state and national lobbying efforts.
• Other responsibilities as directed by the Managing Director
• Related work experience in a professional theater setting.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Proactive, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
• A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
• Able to remain calm and professional in high pressure situations.
• An entrepreneurial spirit.
How To Apply
Apply Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Director of Operations. No phone calls, please.