Community Engagement and Audience Development Manager
Paper Mill Playhouse
Posted June 22, 2021
As a world class theater rooted in a richly diverse area of New Jersey, we believe that Paper Mill Playhouse has an obligation to represent, engage, and enrich the lives of everyone in our community. This new position has been created to deepen our outreach and elevate our commitment to inclusion.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities:
• Identify audience segments needed to ensure that Paper Mill’s patrons mirror the demographic makeup of the community.
• Form partnerships with organizations and individuals rooted in those communities.
• Create programs addressing barriers to attendance and provide groups with customized discounts, services, concessions, and incentives that address those obstacles.
• Develop strategies and marketing efforts that will introduce Paper Mill to the community and increase its perception as a welcoming and accessible venue.
• Liaise with others on the Paper Mill staff, particularly those in audience facing positions, to implement changes in policies and practices that will make Paper Mill Playhouse truly inclusive.
• Develop special events and enrichment activities to help attract new and diverse audiences.
• Identify and participate in community events to increase awareness of Paper Mill Playhouse.
• Cultivate and manage appropriate committees and volunteer forces to enhance Paper Mill’s engagement and outreach efforts.
• A love of theater and the desire to share that love with others.
• Proactive, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor.
• Good listener with an ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Attention to details and the ability to follow up with numerous contacts.
• Flexible schedule with ability to periodically be at events on weekends and evenings.
• A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic backgrounds.
How To Apply
Apply Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds. Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line: Engagement Manager. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary.