Assistant to the Managing Director
McCarter Theatre Center
Posted July 21, 2021
McCarter Theatre Center, centered between New York City and Philadelphia on the campus of Princeton University, is a creative and intellectual hub that inspires conversations, connections, and collaborations in our communities. We lead with justice and joy, and we seek beauty in belonging. McCarter is an independent, non-profit performing arts center that creates and curates engaging performances, education programs, and community partnerships. To learn more about McCarter and our EDIA work, please few this job posting on our website.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesPrincipal Job Responsibilities:
● Manage the calendar for the Managing Director and coordinate meetings with staff, donors, and Trustees. Facilitate monthly close outs of the Managing Director’s credit card and reimbursements. Note-keeping for All Staff and quarterly forecast meetings;
● Serve as liaison to the Board of Trustees, including: board meeting calendaring, correspondence with Trustees, upkeep of Trustee data and contact information, organizing materials for board meetings, facilitating the set-up of board meetings both in-person and virtually, and taking minutes for all board meetings and board committee meetings;
● Assist the general operations of the Development department, including: data management, execution of the annual Gala, donor cultivation events and dinners, opening night celebrations, and additional projects as assigned;
● Participate in Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Antiracism (EDIA&A) Orientation and ongoing engagement with the EDIA&A work at McCarter.
● Strong communication and writing skills.
● Strong time and task management skills.
● A passion for supporting the arts through arts management.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Suite, Zoom, and Tessitura platforms.
We encourage all candidates to apply, even if they do not currently meet all qualifications. We know there are great candidates who may not have all of the qualifications listed above but possess intuitive knowledge or other fully transferable skills. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. McCarter is committed to on-the-job training and mentorship. We also encourage candidates who do not live within commuting distance to apply. We are eager to tell you about the area and will discuss what it would mean for you to relocate.
If you are interested in supporting McCarter’s artistic vision, we would love to hear from you.
How To Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Assistant to the Managing Director” in the subject line to introduce yourself. Please let us know your skills and any applicable work experience. You do not need to submit a formal resume, although they are welcome. Please also mention where you heard about the position.