Paper Mill Playhouse
Posted August 31, 2021
Paper Mill Playhouse is seeking individuals with excellent communication skills, who are physically able to stand for long periods of time, walk up and down stairs when needed and assist audience members. Successful candidates will assist the House Managers with the daily Front of House Operations with the goal of assuring a positive, comfortable, and safe theater experience for all guests from their arrival until departure.
Duties and Responsibilities• Provide excellent consumer service
• Assist audiences in the use of a variety of accessible services provided
• Assist wheelchair users
• Guide audience members to their reserved ticketed seats
• Scan tickets
• Assist audience members to exits in the event of an emergency evacuation
Requirements• Proactive, positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a sense of humor
• Compassionate in nature
• Ability to stay calm in high pressure situations
• Flexible schedule able to work weekends and evenings
• A commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion with an ability to interact effectively with people of different cultures and socio-economic experiences, free from prejudice and aggressions.
• Physical ability to stand for long periods of time, navigate a graded walkway inside the theater, walk up and down many steps when necessary, locate seat locations without difficulty.
• Salary $15 per hour
How To Apply
Paper Mill Playhouse is committed to hiring high caliber individuals of diverse backgrounds. We strive to provide our staff with a nurturing and inclusive environment, equal for all employees and optimal for their success. Paper Mill celebrates diversity and believes it enriches our work environment and the work on our stage and actively encourages applications from those with less visibility in the arts. We specifically welcome applications from those from Black, Hispanic, Asian and minority backgrounds. Send cover letter and resume to Recruiting@PaperMill.org with subject line: Staff Usher. No phone calls, please. If selected for an interview, Paper Mill will happily cover the cost of transportation if necessary. Note: Covid-19 vaccinations are mandatory for employees of Paper Mill Playhouse. Exemptions are allowed for medical reasons or a sincerely held religious belief with approval from management.