Red Bank, NJ
Monmouth Arts Council, Inc.
Posted April 15, 2022
Monmouth Arts is seeking experienced teaching artists for our Creative Expressions Arts & Wellness Program in the disciplines of dance (all types), music, drumming, writing, and visual arts who are committed to working with children and teenagers in Monmouth County.
Duties and Responsibilities- Conduct art lessons (typically one or two hours in length) that are developmentally appropriate with a focus on the whole student and build social-emotional learning as much as skills.
- Must possess the ability to provide clear and appropriate content with special consideration to the unique abilities of participants of all ages and demographics, both individually and as a group.
- Must possess strong presentation skills and connect with a diverse audience.
- Work with Creative Expressions Coordinator and Art Therapist/Health Professional to develop an outline and lesson plans that embody the goals of Monmouth Arts.
- Prepare and conduct culminating events, when appropriate.
Requirements- Bachelor’s degree in the arts or arts-related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrate expertise working as a professional artist for at least three years.
- Teaching experience with diverse age groups and educational settings
- A foundational understanding of social-emotional learning
- Strong classroom management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to attend meetings and complete paperwork in addition to teaching classes.
- Possess a charismatic personality and motivate participants to enjoy themselves and feel inspired.
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Must have the strong ability to lead programs with cultural competence and sensitivity.
- Reliable and punctual
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Willingness to travel to sites in Monmouth County
- A car or reliable mode of transportation is a must.
- A background check is required for employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
How To Apply
Send an email with the subject line Creative Expressions and attach a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Devan Brash, Creative Expressions Coordinator, at email@example.com.