Installation Tech - Temporary Role
Hamilton Township, NJ
Grounds For Sculpture
Posted September 29, 2022
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a temporary, part-time, Installation Tech to join our team. The Installation Tech will be responsible to ensure the smooth running of Night Forms, a multi-sensory immersive exhibition that includes audio, lighting, and video projection installed over a dozen outdoor sites throughout the grounds. Duties include pre-show walkthroughs and adjustments each evening Thursday- Sunday; troubleshooting onsite during run of program; diagnosing and communicating technical problems.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesGFS seeks to be inclusive, reflective, and responsive to the dynamic world we live in. Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a temporary, part-time, Installation Tech to join our team. The Installation Tech will be responsible to ensure the smooth running of Night Forms, a multi-sensory immersive exhibition that includes audio, lighting, and video projection installed over a dozen outdoor sites throughout the grounds. Duties include pre-show walkthroughs and adjustments each evening Thursday- Sunday; troubleshooting onsite during run of program; diagnosing and communicating technical problems. Hours are 3:30-9:00pm Thursday – Sunday through February 26th then adjusts for changing daylight: 4:30-9:30pm Thursday – Sunday March 2nd -12th ; 5:30-10:00pm Thursday – Sunday March 16th -April 2nd . Hourly rate is $30 for a maximum of up to 25 hours/week. This is a temporary seasonal position which concludes on April 2, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Courteous and respectful communication with GFS Staff, outside contractors and artistic team, and visitors to GFS.
• Conduct walkthroughs of all outdoor installations each night to make sure they are working properly; requires approx. 5-6 miles of walking each evening.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot any technical issues on site during the run of each nightly program
• Promptly log and communicate all technical issues with GFS and Klip teams
• Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
• Immediately contact Supervisor for any unresolved technical issues that impact the performance of the program.
• All other duties as assigned
Requirements• High school diploma
• 4 or more years work related experience in troubleshooting light/video/audio installations or related work
• CTS Certification preferred
• Operational familiarity with video projectors, media playback systems, IP network, video and audio signal distribution, telecom wiring, and electrical safety
• Requires a mixture of technical resourcefulness and ability to work with hands and power tools.
• Confidentiality regarding the back-end functioning and access to the program as well as GFS equipment and software
• Must be willing to commit to work during the show schedule; willing to work outdoors in various temperatures
• Advanced proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Outlook, Office, Intranet skills
• Basic familiarity with safe operation of hand and power tools and ladders
• Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
• Grounds For Sculpture requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Grounds For Sculpture will consider requests for reasonable accommodations. *2 doses of Pfizer or Moderna, 1 dose of J&J
GFS is stronger for the diverse ideas, lived experiences, passions and skill sets of our staff. To that end, we offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Hourly Rate: $30.00 (Non-Exempt) – Temporary position ending April 3rd
Average of 25 hours per week, additional hours could be needed.
How To Apply
Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website and must include a cover letter: www.groundsforsculpture.org About Grounds For Sculpture https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/about/mission-strategic-vision/ Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and beckoning spaces to welcome, surprise and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.