Student Services Associate
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Posted July 31, 2023
The Wharton Arts Student Services department provides efficient, friendly, and timely customer service to both current and prospective families of the Performing Arts School. New Jersery Youth Symphony, New Jersey Youth Chorus and Paterson Music Project. and to facilitate relationships between families and instructors.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Student Services Associate provides support to the Director of Student Services with the following tasks:
• Respond to all inquiries via phone, email, online and/or in-person and provide information about classes, lessons and WA’s programs. Conduct follow-ups consistently and as appropriate.
• Speak with new students regarding available teachers, classes, ensembles or camps (requiring a full understanding of all program offerings, teacher styles, etc.) in consultation and collaboration with the Director of Student Services and Performing Arts School Director.
• Inform faculty members of any new students in a timely fashion, following up when necessary.
• Accurately enter registration information in ASAP, WA’s registration software.
• Help maintain faculty schedules in the online registration system and schedule studio space for faculty.
• Process cash, checks and charges for tuition and registration fees.
• Follow up on overdue invoices on a regular basis.
• Manage submission of invoices and receivables from Public Partnerships.
• Compile, create, and print programs for all PAS events in Microsoft Publisher in a timely manner.
• Work with faculty and Director of Student Services ensuring all recitals are scheduled in a timely fashion twice yearly
• Other tasks as assigned
RequirementsEducation, Skills and Behaviors Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music or Performing Arts preferred
• Arts administration experience preferred
• Detail oriented person who takes pride in their work
• Ability to meet internal deadlines and stay on track with multiple assignments at once
• Excellent social skills and customer service skills
• Excellent problem solver and strategic thinker
• Reliable, responsible, and punctual
• Independent worker, yet eager to function as a member of the team.
• Works hard to establish and maintain relationships with families beyond administrative work
**25 hours per week occasional nights and weekend work required;• Salary $24,400/year, benefits eligibility
How To Apply
Please send Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org