Installation Tech – Temporary in support of Night Forms
Grounds for Sculpture
Posted August 23, 2023
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a temporary, part-time, Installation Tech to join our team. The Installation Tech will be responsible to ensure the smooth running of Night Forms, a multi-sensory immersive exhibition that includes audio, lighting, and video projection installed over a dozen outdoor sites throughout the grounds. Duties include pre-show walkthroughs and mechanical, electrical, or sound adjustments each evening Friday- Sunday; troubleshooting onsite during run of program each night; diagnosing and communicating technical problems.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
• Courteous and respectful communication with GFS Staff, outside contractors and artistic team, and visitors to GFS.
• Conduct walkthroughs of all outdoor installations each night to make sure they are working properly; requires several miles of walking each evening.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot any technical issues on site during the run of each nightly program, which may include locating electrical or speaker wiring problems and resolving them; rebooting portions of the program; testing audio connections; manually replacing gantom lights while maintaining IP address connections; using pole extenders to reposition stalk lights caught in branches; fixing interactive components that may need repair/replacement due to wear
• Promptly log and communicate all technical issues with GFS and Klip teams
• Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
• Immediately contact Supervisor for any unresolved technical issues that impact the performance of the program.
• All other duties as assigned
Friday – Sunday Nov 24 – Jan 28, 2024 -3:30-9:00pm
Friday – Sunday Feb 2-25, 2024 -4:00-9:30pm (adjusts for the changing daylight)
Friday – Sunday March 1- April 7, 2024 - 5:00-10:00pm
Hourly rate is $30 for a maximum of up to 25 hours/week. This is a temporary seasonal position which concludes on April 7, 2024.
• High school diploma
• 4 or more years work related experience in troubleshooting light/video/audio installations or related work
• CTS Certification preferred
• Operational familiarity with video projectors, media playback systems, IP network, video and audio signal distribution, telecom wiring, and electrical safety
• Requires a mixture of technical resourcefulness and ability to work with hands, tall ladders, and power tools.
• Confidentiality regarding the back-end functioning and access to the program as well as GFS equipment and software
• Must be willing to commit to work during the show schedule; willing to work outdoors in various temperatures
• Advanced proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Outlook, Office, Intranet skills
• Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
GFS seeks to be inclusive, reflective, and responsive to the dynamic world we live in. Grounds For Sculpture, Inc. adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
About Grounds For Sculpture
Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and beckoning spaces to welcome, surprise and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.
How To Apply
GFS is stronger for the diverse ideas, lived experiences, passions and skill sets of our staff. To that end, we offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws. Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website and must include a cover letter: www.groundsforsculpture.org