Manager of Wellness Programs
Grounds For Sculpture
Posted September 18, 2023
Grounds For Sculpture is seeking a full-time Manager of Wellness Programs to join our education team. This person will be responsible to manage the Wellness Initiative at Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) overseeing all wellness programs including Tai Chi, sound baths, meditation, creative aging, horticulture workshops and more. The workload includes planning interactive and educational programs with an emphasis on developing reflective and meaningful experiences for a wide array of audiences to improve mental, emotional and physical health.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesExperience creating, sustaining and growing external relationships is key to the success of this work. Information tracking record and strong internal and external communication alongside time management skills are a must. Priorities include budget and project management experience. Program creation and evaluation experience required.
This position reports to GFS’ Director of Education & Community Engagement and works collaboratively across the Education Department, and other departments, on planning, marketing, evaluation, and outreach. A proven record of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) practice and strong written and communication skills, collaborative working style and a self-starter are needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops, manages, and creates wellness programs, including horticulture, wellness fair, team building and creative aging workshops for diverse audiences and GFS staff with a constant eye toward growing our audiences to represent the regional community.
• Represents and advocates for the museum’s mission and programming to stakeholders both public and private maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, GFS supporters, and the public at large.
• Builds network and manages wellness and horticulture educators, practitioners and partners who explore art making, horticulture and wellness with youth, families, adults, and older adults in a variety of approaches.
• Ensures quality of program delivery, develops, and routinely implements systems for evaluating the impact and effectiveness of all activities. These systems may include direct observations, evaluation, monitoring data and trends, documentation, preparing and analyzing statistical reports.
• Lead GFS Staff Wellness Initiative to ensure internal staff have resources to access programs to improve their health.
• Work with partner community organizations, senior center hospitals and civic groups to meet the needs of their audiences.
• Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
• Fosters an atmosphere for improving physical and mental health, promoting self-exploration, experimentation, collaboration, and reflection.
• Works collaboratively across departments to analyze target audiences, and marketing and outreach strategies, to ensure effective promotion of programs.
• Actively contributes to, and collaborates on, program reports to funders and supports the cultivation of new funders or funding opportunities.
• Works collaboratively with colleagues across GFS to develop, coordinate, and promote programs tied to exhibitions, new institutional initiatives, and/or strategic goals.
• Manages payroll for Wellness staff, creates and tracks program budgets in conjunction with the Director of Education & Community Engagement and Finance Department.
• Co-manage studio and gallery spaces and material orders, ensuring supplies for programs are always on hand.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 2 years of related experience required; Background in wellness, art therapy, museum education, horticulture education, or related discipline.
• Knowledge of, and ongoing interest in, best practices in wellness, medicine, physical or art therapy, museum teaching, or horticulture education.
• Experience both managing and facilitating multisensory wellness programs for diverse audiences in a museum, garden, or similar informal learning setting.
• Must have superior knowledge of a variety of software packages including Outlook, MS Teams, Zoom, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience hiring, training, and managing professional staff and/or volunteers.
• Strong project management and evaluation skills.
• Entrepreneurial spirit with strong understanding of, and experience with, budget management.
• Ability to prioritize and work both collaboratively and independently.
• Outstanding customer service and people skills, carries a sense humility and humor.
• Creative thinker with strong organizational, communication and written skills.
• High degree of computer proficiency, including database management experience and web research and social media skills.
GFS is stronger for the diverse ideas, lived experiences, passions and skill sets of our staff. To that end, we offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Compensation & Benefits:
Annual Salary: $60,000.00
Full Time (Exempt)
How To Apply
Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website and must include a cover letter: https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/about/careers/ About Grounds For Sculpture https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/about/mission-strategic-vision/ Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and beckoning spaces to welcome, surprise and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.