New Jersey Symphony
Posted August 05, 2022
The New Jersey Symphony is seeking a knowledgable and outgoing public servant to fill the role of Philanthropy Officer. The position is vital in expanding donor relations within the community, with a role in promoting major gift donations and pledges and promoting positive relationships with annual giving donors. You are responsible for strategy metrics including (but not limited to): Major Gifts - new gifts and pledges, number of prospect meetings, proposals presented and closed, etc., with a keen eye toward elevating individuals from annual giving to the higher levels of support on the giving pyramid. Your ability to prospect and find new supporters and upgrade existing donors will make you superstar in this role!
Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify at least 25-50 major or planned gift prospects annually
• Cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of approximately 75-150 current and prospective major gift donors giving between $2,500 - $25,000
• In collaboration with the Senior Director and the other Philanthropy Officer, execute a detailed strategy and solicitation timeline for the Amadeus Circle program
• Build strong personal relationships with your portfolio of donors through strategic phone calls, personalized email communications, formal presentations, and events
• Design and supervise systems that support good stewardship and membership benefits to support donor retention and acquire new donors
• In partnership with the other Philanthropy Officer, oversee the Monmouth, Summit and Amadeus Circle Councils. Including running the respective Councils meetings, setting agendas and finding new members.
• In collaboration with Gift Processing and Development Operations, maintain accurate donor records in donor database (Tessitura)
RequirementsA successful applicant will have the following experiences and education:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Have 4+ years of experience working in a development office and able to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment where the ability to multi-task is essential.
• Have advanced MS Office skills.
• Experience working with a CRM database such as Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, etc.
A successful applicant will have the following traits:
• Demonstrate a high level of professionalism.
• Is extremely poised and is comfortable addressing a variety of audiences, both internal and external, with a true entrepreneurial mindset and professional demeanor.
• Possess extraordinary attention to detail with the ability to think critically about tasks at hand.
• Demonstrates appreciation for working in an environment where sensitivity and confidentiality is required.
• Possess the ability to adjust quickly to constantly changing priorities and be responsive to feedback.
• Ability to learn Tessitura.
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com – Email tile must be “Philanthropy Officer” – [applicant name]” Please view full listing at https://www.njsymphony.org/about/careers/administrative-positions/philanthropy-officer