Mayo Performing Arts Center
Posted December 01, 2021
As a member of the management team, the Operations Assistant will help coordinate resources and facilities for all activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, improving and maintaining the resources and facilities, maintaining a facilities calendar to know all happenings within the facility and its campuses. Ensuring all visitors experience the highest possible standards of service and customer care, and managing the operational aspects on a day to day basis, and as mandated from the Director of Operations and/or President and CEO.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesMain Duties:
• Assist Operations Director in managing the priorities of day to day needs and activities.
• Operational Assistant for events and rentals: Knowledge of all operational items in the venue is essential - coordinate time with Production to learn the projector, etc. and troubleshooting checklist. Work with FOH and Operations Coordinator on event planning and setups configurations.
• Improvement on our digital filing system and developing calendar and facility schedule improvements for effective communication in scheduling.
• Provide administrative and operational support Operations Director and maintain rental file, and parking and cleaning schedules as directed.
• Be a friendly and efficient first point of contact for the public and visiting professionals, offering information about performances, workshops and events.
• Establish and maintain good relations with audience members, visiting companies, artists, organizations and all visitors
• Contribute to the operations team with timely scheduling, rental agreements, and calendar updates.
• Inputting updates as directed by the Operations Director to all internal documents, such as the EAP, Operations Strategic Plan, ADA plan, and Operations Handbook.
• Manage the facilities and its resources data entry.
• Be prepared to cover shifts in the event of illness, holiday, staff shortage, etc.
• Supervise room setups for conferences, meetings, receptions, and special events.
• Scheduling and implementation of facility improvement projects
Health and Safety:
• Report any notifiable accident or near misses to the relevant authorities.
• Maintain and follow-up on any health and safety issues as directed.
• Maintain positive working relationships with visiting artists, staff, volunteers, teachers, and members of the board.
• Maintain positive working relationships with the officers and members of fellow arts organizations, chamber of commerce, and local community leaders.
• Maintain positive working relationships with relevant arts organizations, advocacy groups, associations and professional bodies.
• Undertake other duties, as requested.
RequirementsKnowledge of Microsoft Office Platforms
How To Apply
Please send inquiries to: Lee Kaloidis, Operations Director. Lee@mayoarts.org