Assistant Prop Supervisor
New Brunswick, NJ
George Street Playhouse
Posted July 20, 2022
George Street Playhouse, a professional, producing theatre company 40 minutes from Manhattan, seeks a qualified carpenter and artisan for main stage, 5 show, season, annual Gala Benefit, and other company events.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesEssential Job Duties:
- Assist Prop Supervisor in procurement, construction, and maintenance of all props
- Play a leadership role in prop builds and construction, locating and shopping of props, prop load-ins and set dressing, prop strikes, and the organization of prop storage
- Assist Prop Supervisor with organization of prop storage, and supply inventory
- Drive throughout the state via car, van or truck to shop for items and make returns as needed
Non Essential Job Duties / Other Duties:
- Navigate Photoshop and other painting and illustration programs
- Operate 3D printer and relevant programs and equipment
- Electrical wiring as it relates to props
- Carpentry skills, furniture building and upholstering
- Metalwork and welding
- Casting, foams, plastics, soft-goods, painting, paper goods and crafts
- The ability to understand scale and read construction plans
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Be a “can-do” team player who can make thoughtful decisions quickly and demonstrates grace under pressure
- Good organizational skills and strong sense of professionalism
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for periods of time
- Must be able to move and transport items and materials weighing 50+ pounds
- Must be able to occasionally ascend/descend ladders
- Must be able to drive vans and small trucks
- A valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree in technical theater, or related field
- 1-2 years of experience working in theatrical production or professional prop shop
- In addition to regular office hours, overtime hours will include evenings, weekends, and early mornings.
- Assistant Prop Supervisor is required to participate in all load-ins, techs, previews, and load-outs.
- Assistant Prop Supervisor will report to work in either the prop shop or off-site scene shop, with exposure to loud noises, construction materials, various tools and equipment.
- Position will be required to drive throughout the state via car, van or truck to shop for items and make returns as needed.
COVID-19 vaccination, including all eligible boosters, is a condition of employment. COVID policies are updated regularly to reflect the current local and national health recommendations.
George Street Playhouse currently requires all employees to wear respirator style masks (N95, KN95, KF94). Members of the Production Group will also test per the current COVID policy at the company's expense.
Position pays a weekly salary of $780.00. Position is a Local I.A.T.S.E. position and includes health and dental benefits, OT, sick days, holidays, and annuity benefits as outlined in the I.A.T.S.E. CBA. Position begins August 29, 2022 and runs through June 4, 2023.
How To Apply
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should submit a resume, references, and portfolio photos for consideration to: Christopher Bailey, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available now. George Street Playhouse recognizes the value of diverse experiences, identities and backgrounds and is committed to building an equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization that is representative of the world in which we live. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Color; LGTBQ+ and gender diverse candidates; candidates with disabilities; as well as candidates from historically marginalized groups are all encouraged to apply. We aim to collect a pool of diverse and qualified candidates prior to reviewing resumes; please forward this position to someone you think will be a good fit.
Deadline: Aug 29, 2022