Sales and Patron Services Manager
New Brunswick, NJ
George Street Playhouse
Posted September 29, 2022
George Street Playhouse, a professional, producing theatre company 40 minutes from Manhattan, seeks a Sales and Patron Services Manager to join our team for our 22/23 season at the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center. A member of the Marketing Department, the Sales and Patron Services Manager is responsible for overseeing all Patron Services operations, including ticket sales and managing the Patron Services team. This position serves as GSP’s Tessitura Administrator, working closely with our New Brunswick Arts Consortium partners, and all GSP Tessitura users. The Sales & Patron Services Manager provides top tier customer service for all GSP subscribers, ticket holders, and potential patrons.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThis position reports to the Director of Marketing and Public Relations and supervises the Assistant Patron Services Manager and part-time patron services staff.
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage day to day operations of Patron Services office and staff, including hiring, training, and scheduling part time staff
- Supervise and assist with all ticket sales and customer service calls, including single ticket and subscription sales, potential group sales, promotional offers, seating, pricing, exchanges, and customer service issues
- Maintain and enforce customer service policies, establishing new policies as necessary
- Advise on Patron Services structure and evolving needs of staffing; ensure adequate performance shift coverage during the season
- Manage ticket inventory to maximize revenue potential which includes activating and overseeing dynamic pricing, keeping in mind groups and VIP tickets
- Oversee GSP’s Ticket Donation program and communicate with requesting organizations and track voucher redemption
- Track and book all comp ticket requests from staff, guests, artists, crew, and VIPs. Create and manage all ticketing related Google forms and spreadsheets. Assist with seating and tracking Opening Night performances
- Serve as representative of GSP on the New Brunswick Arts Consortium Operations Committee, working with consortium partners on general Tessitura best practices, systems upgrades, and troubleshooting
- Maintain GSP’s use of Tessitura across the organization, working closely with Development, Education, and Marketing to assist in pulling lists, reporting, managing data hygiene, Tessitura training
- Build and maintain all performances, educational classes, promotions, price types, subscriptions, etc. in Tessitura each season
- Work closely with the Marketing department to manage subscription renewals yearly, ensuring Patron Services staff training is up to date for yearly subscription processing
- Ensure patron communication is clear and timely, and all Patron Services staff is effectively communicating GSP’s message over the phone, email, and in person
- Assist with front of house needs for Opening Nights, the annual Gala, and other special events as necessary
- Manage Tessitura security, act as the main point of contact for GSP Tessitura users with basic system inquiries, login information and troubleshooting
- Maintain a pleasant and professional relationship with Front of House partners and staff, working together to ensure pleasant experiences for patrons attending all performances
- Keep all Patron Services equipment up to date, seeking service for printers/laptops/other devices in a timely manner
Non Essential Job Duties / Other Duties:
- Occasional work with other departments for special events, set-up either in person or in Tessitura
- 3-4 years managerial experience
- Microsoft Office/Google suite knowledge
- CRM database management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills; a high degree of initiative and energy
- Experience working with general public, explaining technical concepts in a digestible way
- Patience and grace under pressure, an ability to adapt quickly and problem solve creatively
- A love, or appreciation, of the arts
- Proficiency in Tessitura
- Box Office/Front of House in a theater or performing arts organization
- Supervisory experience
- Standard office equipment, copier, printer, desktop computer, laptops, phone system
- Open cubicle working space, with 2-3 coworkers in close proximity
- Work closely with GSP staff of all departments, as well as Front of House NBPAC staff
- Occasional periods of remaining in a stationary position for 1-2 hrs at a time, moving through lobby to greet patrons
- Primarily on-site position
- Occasional night and weekend shifts will be required.
COVID-19 vaccination, including all eligible boosters, is a condition of employment. COVID policies are updated regularly to reflect the current local and national health recommendations.
George Street Playhouse currently requires all employees to wear respirator style masks (N95, KN95, KF94). Members of the Production Group will also test per the current COVID policy at the company's expense.
George Street Playhouse offers an annual salary of $45,000 - $50,000, commensurate with experience. George Street Playhouse offers a benefits package that includes health and dental insurance with annual allowance for out of pocket medical expenses, paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave, paid parking near the theater and complimentary tickets to George Street Playhouse productions.
George Street Playhouse recognizes the value of diverse experiences, identities and backgrounds and is committed to building an equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization that is representative of the world in which we live. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Color; LGTBQ+ and gender diverse candidates; candidates with disabilities; as well as candidates from historically marginalized groups are all encouraged to apply. We aim to collect a pool of diverse and qualified candidates prior to reviewing resumes; please forward this position to someone you think will be a good fit.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit resume and cover letter for consideration to: Megan Cherry, Chief of Staff, at email@example.com. Please note only candidates who submit a resume and cover letter will be considered.
Deadline: Oct 28, 2022