Patron Services Associate
New Brunswick, NJ
George Street Playhouse
Posted January 10, 2023
The Patron Services Associate serves as the main point of contact for all George Street Playhouse (GSP) patrons and subscribers, supporting the theater’s mission, values and goals. Associates are responsible for providing high quality customer service, answering patron phone calls during business hours, processing ticketing requests and sales, subscription sales, exchanges, questions regarding ticketing policies, questions regarding the venue (which includes parking, seating, and general comments), and patron email correspondence. Associates will be present in the NBPAC lobby 1.5 hours prior to every performance. Associates will also work with the Sales and Patron Services Manager to find GSP projects they can assist with that align with their long term Arts/non-profit goals.
Duties and Responsibilities● Answer all incoming phone calls during business hours, helping patrons with ticket purchases (single and subscriptions) and exchanges, as well as any other venue/parking/event related questions. These include but are not limited to: show content, where to park, where to eat, who to contact within GSP for donations and more, and education programs.
● Associate will use Tessitura to sell, process and maintain patron data. Training is provided (paid training shifts).
● Support Patron Services team with activities including inbound and outbound phone sales campaigns from time to time, in conjunction with Marketing Department.
● When working in the lobby, associate is a representative of GSP. They will answer any in person patron questions, give out will call tickets, and troubleshoot seating problems with grace/positivity.
● Additional duties and projects may be provided by the Patron Services Manager. This could include out-bound calls to patrons, data cleaning, office organization, mass mailings, etc.
● Superb attention to details.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Sales and Patron Services Manager, and/or supervisor on duty.
Requirements● 1+ years of customer service/sales experience (experience related to the arts a plus)
● Tessitura/CRM database knowledge a plus. Training may be provided.
● Customer Service via phone and in-person experience
● Theater appreciation/knowledge/willingness to learn!
Knowledge, skills and abilities
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Attention to detail
● Be positive, flexible and adaptable, with a good sense of humor
● Ability to work effectively in a creative, sometimes fast paced environment
● Love of the performing arts!
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and references for consideration to: Deb Lemeshow, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and “Patron Services Associate” in the subject line. Please also mention where you heard about the position. Candidates of interest will be contacted. We regret that we’re unable to follow up with every candidate. No phone calls, please.