Princeton Symphony Orchestra
Posted March 10, 2023
The Marketing Manager works closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to implement a comprehensive marketing plan to promote a positive brand and identity for the Princeton Symphony Orchestra, to increase awareness of concerts and events, and develop new audiences.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Develop an overall paid marketing strategy.
• Manage a marketing budget.
• Track sales data and digital analytics to establish marketing benchmarks and ROI.
• Manage all print advertising and digital marketing avenues plus program book advertising.
• Generate regular sales/marketing reports.
• Manage direct mail and email campaigns.
• Interface regularly with design team.
• Implement patron surveys and analyze results.
• Manage grassroots marketing which involves display tables, signage, and giveaways at all PSO and select community and chamber of commerce events.
• Travel to/from all venues with marketing materials to cover PSO concerts and events.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain social media presence on all available platforms.
• Take, edit, and curate photography as well as maintain photo archives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, with 3-5 years marketing, sales, advertising, or relevant arts administration experience.
• Experience in all areas of marketing, particularly paid print/digital advertising including Google Ads, direct mail, broadcast outlets, and email systems.
• Strong background and affinity for sales/marketing analytics.
• Experience with database projects such as targeting contact list pulls for direct mail and email campaigns.
• Comfortable negotiating print and online ad rates and direct mail marketing costs.
• Budget minded, with the ability to track marketing costs and code invoices for payment.
• Organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to plan, prioritize, and handle multiple deadlines.
• Impeccable professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills to work with a variety of constituents from an array of lived experiences.
• High standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability.
• Excellent time management skills including commitment to attendance and punctuality.
• Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player.
• Strong communication skills.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and a reliable form of transportation.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the organization.
• Must be able to lift, move, and/or carry 25+ pounds.
• Patron Manager/Salesforce experience.
• Photography and videography skills and photo/video editing experience.
• Social media expertise, particularly with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
• Experience in arts administration preferred.
• Experience working for a non-profit and/or performing arts organization.
• Knowledge of and passion for classical music/orchestral repertoire.
How To Apply
COMPENSATION This is a full-time (exempt) position requiring regular evening and weekend work to cover PSO concerts and events. The salary range of $55,000-$65,000 is commensurate with experience; benefits include health and long-term disability insurance and paid vacation. OTHER All Princeton Symphony Orchestra employees and on-site contractors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and must have received any booster shot for which they are eligible, as well as any future booster shot that may be required. HOW TO APPLY Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Marketing” in the subject line. Application deadline: April 1, 2023. All applications will be treated as confidential. Electronic submissions only – no phone calls. Reference and background check will be completed during final interview process. If you require any assistance or accommodations during the interview process, please include this information when submitting your application.
Deadline: Apr 01, 2023