McCarter Theatre Center
Posted October 24, 2023
Are you ready to play a key role in shaping McCarter's online presence and marketing efforts? As the Marketing Associate, you'll work closely with the Associate Director of Marketing and the Marketing Creative Director, with a primary focus on curating and managing content for McCarter’s social media and website platforms. As a vital member of the Communications and Engagement Department's Marketing team, you'll not only contribute to achieving ticket sales objectives, but also play a pivotal role in elevating and advancing McCarter’s institutional profile. This includes promoting a diverse array of programming, encompassing Theatre, Music, Dance, Jazz, Family, Education, and Fundraising events. Join us in making an impact on the vibrant arts scene at McCarter!
Duties and Responsibilities• Manage the organization's digital presence across various platforms and social media channels, planning and executing comprehensive campaigns and creating digital content (captions, visuals, videos, and multimedia assets) that aligns with McCarter's messaging, brand identity, and objectives while showcasing the diversity and richness of McCarter’s offerings, driving audience engagement, increasing followers, and promoting organizational initiatives.
• Cover opening nights, meet and greets, dress rehearsals and a majority of McCarter’s presented and community events – capturing real-time content and creating engaging social media posts.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the organization’s website, creating and/or curating copy, proactively ensuring up-to-date content, building and maintaining product detail pages and optimizing website design to provide a seamless user experience.
• Support the Associate Director of Marketing and the Artistic Engagement Manager with the development and ongoing cultivation of partnerships with the local community, fostering relationships with local businesses, organizations, and influencers to amplify the organization's reach and impact.
• Collaborate with the Associate Director of Marketing to cultivate and manage relationships with influencers, bloggers, and industry professionals, leveraging their influence and expertise to promote McCarter's brand, generate buzz, and drive engagement.
• Design and maintain engaging content for lobby monitors, outdoor kiosks both in the theatre building and across the Princeton University campus.
• Collaborate with all departments within McCarter to effectively tell the organization's full story on our digital platforms, incorporating various perspectives and highlighting the breadth of our programs, productions, and impact.
• Monitor and analyze digital communication metrics, such as website traffic, social media engagement, and other relevant indicators, to evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives. Provide reports and recommendations for optimization.
• Stay informed about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in digital communication, continually seeking opportunities to enhance the organization's digital presence, improve audience engagement, and achieve strategic objectives.
• Remain up-to-date on the complete spectrum of McCarter's programming, events, partnerships, and activities.
• Adhere to safe working practices while embodying McCarter safety and code of conduct policies
• Participate in the work to make McCarter an anti-racist theater. Actively seek ways to improve our work practices to make the Communications & Engagement department more equitable and inclusive, while upholding and exhibiting our stated values of “justice and joy, beauty and belonging.”
• The ideal candidate will embody an enthusiasm for theatre and all of the live performing arts, with particular interest in supporting and elevating the work of artists across many disciplines and from across the globe
• Proficiency in website management, including content updates and design optimization. Experience with content management systems (CMS, in this case, EpiServer) and basic HTML/CSS skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience in digital marketing strategies, including social media management and content marketing.
• Demonstrated ability to create and curate high-quality digital content, including copy, visuals, videos, and multimedia assets. Proficiency in Canva and/or Adobe Suite and video editing tools/software.
• Adaptability, creativity, and a proactive approach to staying informed about the latest developments in the field.
• Solid understanding of the performing arts or entertainment industry, including knowledge of current industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in digital communication.
• Experience with and interest digital communication metrics and analytics tools.
• A critical consciousness and interest in the values and practices that can help build and sustain an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workplace
• Ability to collaborate with diverse needs, personalities, and work styles with optimism and a solution-discovery mindset
• Individuals are strongly encouraged but not currently required to be up to date on COVID-19 vaccinations.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in communications, marketing, digital media or related field
• Minimum of three years of experience in digital communication, marketing or a related role.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and content creation (design and editorial) skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Strong ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Must thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Ability to work in an on-site/off-site hybrid environment
• Led by our core values, McCarter fosters and expects a culture of care and respect for the wellbeing of our staff.
• In-person work will primarily be completed in a shared office space at 91 University Pl, Princeton, NJ with HVAC cooling/heating.
• This position is required to be on-site and in attendance for various performances and events. These will be communicated and scheduled in advance.
• Employees may be asked to use a personal cell phone in order to access authenticator apps and related software necessary for work credentials/multi-factor authentication (MFA). Applicants should be comfortable using their personal devices for these purposes as part of their job responsibilities, as workarounds cannot be guaranteed in order to access certain platforms.
We encourage all candidates to apply, even if they do not currently meet all qualifications. We know there are great candidates who may not have all of the qualifications listed above but possess intuitive knowledge or other fully transferable skills. If that is you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. McCarter is committed to on-the-job training and mentorship. We also encourage candidates who do not live within commuting distance to apply. We are eager to tell you about the area, which includes many communities and towns outside of Princeton. If you are interested in supporting McCarter’s vision, we would love to hear from you.
How To Apply
$46,000 - $50,000 BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation, sick and personal time, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, and a 403 (b) retirement plan with employer match, as well as other perks Please email email@example.com with your name and “Marketing Associate” in the subject line. Please submit a cover letter and resume; work sample/portfolios are welcome, though not required. Do also mention where you heard about the position. We look forward to learning more about you! McCarter Theatre Center is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in the application and hiring process for individuals with disabilities if needed and requested. To request disability accommodation, please contact (609) 258-6500 and connect with Human Resources.