Manager of Marketing & Communication
Grounds For Sculpture
Posted November 22, 2021
The Manager of Marketing is responsible for a variety of integrated functions including public relations, advertising, social media, project management, administrative duties, and more. The Manager of Marketing will maintain and track departmental budgets, traffic and oversee workflow production for a multitude of deadline-driven projects, draft and disseminate press releases, interface with members of the media to fulfill requests of all kinds, and analyze data from a variety of sources to inform decision-making. Excellent written and verbal skills are required. A candidate with experience in the cultural, heritage and arts fields is desirable.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesGrounds For Sculpture (GFS) is at the beginning of a long path toward building a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive (EDI) institution. We are looking for individuals, at all levels of the institution, who are interested in joining us on this journey of intentionality and public accountability. This path broadens our workforce (board, staff, volunteers), expands our artist selection and acquisition practice as well as strengthens our internal and external communication systems, networks and norms.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages departmental budget, including tracking marketing, advertising, and printing spends
• Oversees and administrates all media buys and placements, including print, digital, social, and multimedia.
• Serve as an ambassador for Grounds For Sculpture to help foster a culture of inclusion for all members, donors, volunteers, and guests.
• Responsible for media engagement, including but not limited to: managing schedule, drafting, and disseminating press releases and maintaining up to date media lists; liaising with media stakeholders at GFS by providing tours and customized media kits; responding in timely fashion to requests by media for images, quotes, or other information
• Project management and workflow lead, including tracking jobs from creative service request to delivery; oversight of departmental production calendars and deadlines; following up with project stakeholders for content to ensure deadlines are met
• Manages production on key projects, including copyediting, recipient list maintenance, mail house coordination, inventory procedures, and program uploads to GFS website
• Oversees general satisfaction surveys, working interdepartmentally to help ensure uniform questionnaires
• Oversees e-blast production and schedule, including content management and biweekly updates to Constant Contact
• Content creation for advertising and marketing materials
• Maintains archive of GFS editorial, advertisements, and promotions
• Responsible for departmental administrative tasks including invoice and receipt processing, and other tasks as necessary
• Maintains GFS public presence by adding select events to curated list of external event calendars; attending networking events as required
• Oversee and implement social media strategy and content – providing image suggestions, captions, and copyediting as needed
• All other duties as assigned
• Associates degree required
• 3 or more years work related experience in a related field
• Demonstrate respect and inclusiveness to all employees, embracing differences
• Graphic design skills a plus
• Outstanding organizational, written and verbal skills are required
• Detail and deadline oriented, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Spanish fluency encouraged
• Proficiency in all MS Office Suite products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc); excellent computer skills to be able to quickly learn organization’s internal database, Content Management Systems and other software.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure and/or with tight deadlines.
• Good presentation skills and ability to represent the organization and to interface with the media and public as needed.
• Must be flexible and efficient; able to put out fires and triage urgent situations / requests
GFS is stronger for the diverse ideas, lived experiences, passions and skill sets of our staff. To that end, we offer equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, parental status, housing status, source of income or military status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
How To Apply
Interested in applying? Please apply directly through our website and must include a cover letter: www.groundsforsculpture.org About Grounds For Sculpture https://www.groundsforsculpture.org/about/mission-strategic-vision/ Grounds For Sculpture (GFS) is a 42-acre not-for-profit sculpture park, arboretum, and museum, founded by the late artist and philanthropist Seward Johnson. Featuring nearly 300 contemporary sculptures by renowned and emerging artists in a beckoning landscape, Grounds For Sculpture combines art and nature to surprise, inspire, and engage all visitors in the artist’s act of invention. In addition to its permanent collection, Grounds For Sculpture offers rotating special exhibitions in its six indoor galleries, rich educational programs, and dynamic family events. Located in Hamilton, New Jersey, Grounds For Sculpture.