New Brunswick, NJ
Posted September 18, 2023
The Producing Associate will support coLAB Arts’ co-producers across all artistic production needs, including line producing, staff and artist hiring, project administration, managing community partnerships and convenings, supporting resident artists and resident companies, providing support for bookings at coLAB Arts’ studio and performance space, as well as strengthening organization communication and infrastructure to support artists of diverse disciplines, needs, and experiences.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Producing Associate will support coLAB Arts’ co-producers across all artistic production needs, including line producing, staff and artist hiring, project administration, managing community partnerships and convenings, supporting resident artists and resident companies, providing support for bookings at coLAB Arts’ studio and performance space, as well as strengthening organization communication and infrastructure to support artists of diverse disciplines, needs, and experiences.
coLAB Arts’ staff includes a part-time general manager, communications manager, and development manager, as well as contractors supporting the organization’s digital archive and research work, website, graphic design, and Spanish language translation. The Producing Associate reports directly to the co-producers, who each fulfill the roles of Producing Director and Director of Education. This is an in-person, exempt salaried position that at times requires early morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities. This job is best suited for someone who is enthusiastic and fearless about connecting with people, and understands how to engage a diverse group of individuals. The successful candidate is driven to support artists and community organizers and help them thrive in creating high-quality work and real community impact.
Note on COVID-19: coLAB Arts operates and programs in accordance with State of New Jersey guidelines.
Position Responsibilities Include:
1. Regular communication and scheduled check-ins with commissioned and resident artists
2. Line calendar and meeting note tracking for projects in all stages of development
3. Company and tour management for ensemble-based performances in residence at coLAB Arts and at other venues
4. Support the needs of administrative staff as needed, including but not limited to managing project statements and descriptions, artist biographies and other collateral, work samples, and receipt tracking
5. Venue production management
6. Municipal permitting
7. Budget projections and expense management
1. Access to a personal vehicle
2. Personal computer
3. Occasional early morning, evening, weekend work hours
4. Candidates should be able to lift at least 25 lbs
1. B.A. degree or equivalent, with at least 3-5 years of professional arts management experience
2. Spanish proficiency, written and verbal, is preferred but not required
3. Strong communication skills both written and verbal
4. Strong computer skills
5. Strong experience with G-Suite and Google Drive, Microsoft Office, OBS, and Squarespace
6. Detail-oriented with organization, project management, and time management skills
7. Ability to perform a substantial number of tasks independently
8. Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit, and maintain a positive demeanor
9. Experience working with complex organizations
10. Ability to solve problems and negotiate solutions with a wide variety of contractors and other project stakeholders
11. Ability to manage (both up, down, and laterally) and supervise people in a clear and professional manner and relay expectations concisely
12. Commitment to the vision and values of coLAB Arts
How To Apply
Please know that no one ever meets 100% of the preferred qualifications. If much of this describes you, we encourage you to apply. Compensation: $48,000 per year coLAB Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, or veteran status. Complete applications should include a cover letter, resume, and three references by using the application form found in the link: https://www.colab-arts.org/producing-associate. Applications are now being accepted and the search remains open until the position is filled. coLAB Arts is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization. You can visit our website, www.colab-arts.org, and find us on Facebook and Instagram @colabarts.
Deadline: Dec 31, 2023