- Thank you if you’ve already signed a petition to support federal funding for the arts, but make sure you sign THIS Arts Action Fund petition now and invite friends to do the same. This action helps arts advocates organize, and Americans for the Arts CEO Bob Lynch plans to present this Arts Action Fund petition to the President.
- If you do not currently receive action alerts from ArtPride NJ, complete the quick sign up at our Arts Action Center.
- Join the Jersey delegation to Washington, D.C. for National Arts Advocacy Day on March 20-21. Register now and inform ArtPride NJ that you plan to attend by adding your contact info
What You Need to Know About the Federal Budget Process – Timeline
- Federal government operates on continuing resolutions. NEA funding is included in the current CR that is in effect through April 2017. We need to keep a watchful eye on continuation of federal funding for the arts through the entire fiscal year, which ends September 30, 2017.
- The President will likely introduce a FY2018 budget around February 28.
- The U.S. House of Representatives and specifically the House Appropriations Subcommittees will set initial FY 2018 funding levels for every federal agency in the spring (March–May) of this year. Subcommittees and conference committees continue their budget work through the summer, with hope of a final conference committee agreement in time for the end of the federal fiscal year.